Basically in Hadoop environment Hadoop Admin and Hadoop Developer major roles according to present IT market survey Admin has more responsibilities and salaries compared to Hadoop developers. But we can differentiate below-mentioned points:
- In Big Data environment Hadoop is a major role, especially in Hadoop developers. A developer primarily responsible for Coding in Hadoop developer also the same kind of thing here developing like:
A)Apache Spark – Scala, Python, Java, etc.
B) Map Reduce – Java
C)Apache Hive – HiveQL (Query Language & SQL)
D) Apache Pig – Pig Scripting language etc.
2. Familiarity with ETL backgrounds for data loading and ingestion tools like:
3. Bit of knowledge on Hadoop admin part also like Linux environment and some of the basic commands while developing and executing.
4. Nowadays most preferably Spark & Hive developers with high-level experience and huge packages.
1. Coming to Hadoop Administration is a good and respectable job in the IT industry. Whereas, admin is responsible for performing the operational tasks to keep the infrastructure and running jobs.
2. Strong knowledge of the Linux environment. Setting up Cluster and Security authentication like Kerberos and testing the HDFS environment.
3. To provide new user access to Hive, Spark, etc. And cluster maintenance like adding (commissioning) node and removing (decommissioning) nodes. Resolve errors like memory issues, user access issues, etc.
4.Must and should knowledge on BigData platforms like:
A) Cloudera Manager
B) Horontworks Data Platform
D) Pseudo-distributed and Single node cluster setup etc.
5. Review and Managing log files and setting up of XML files.
6. As of now trending and career growth job.
7. Compared to Hadoop developers, Hadoop Admins are getting high salary packages in present marketing.
Summary: In the Bigdata environment Hadoop has valuable and trending jobs. And provide huge packages for both Hadoop developers and Hadoop administration. Depends upon skill set will prefer what we need for future growth.